- 2 Days after Side Knee Replacement with Dr. Messieh 2015
- 30 minutes after MIS total knee replacement
- Accurate knee alignment with computer-assisted navigation
- ACL Surgery
- Advantages of Computer-Assisted Robotic Total Knee Replacement
- Advantages of custom-fit TKA
- Animated Virtual Knee Surgery by EDHEADS
- Cemented or Cementless Fixation
- Computer-navigated total knee replacement Study
- Dave 1 Month Post Op Side Approach Total Knee Replacement Dr. Messish 2015
- Dr. Callander Explains MIS for Total & Partial Knee Replacement
- First Mako Rio Surgery Rrobot Comes to Hamilton, Ontario in 2019
- High tibial osteotomy with Computer Navigation
- Higher risk for surgical complications reported with outpatient vs inpatient TKA Study
- Image-Guided Technology
- Image-guided technology
- Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Knee Replacement Surgery Articles
- Less Blood Loss in Computer Assisted Surgery TKA
- Mako Animated Robotic Surgery
- Mako Robotic Surgery Video
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement Surgery as Outpatient
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement Surgery Part 1
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement Surgery Part 2
- MIS not a better approach
- MIS Quadriceps-Sparing Total Knee Replacement By Seth S.
More than five years after buying Mako Surgical, Stryker has already placed more than 650 Mako robots around the world, with more than 76,900 knee and hip replacement procedures performed in 2018 and double-digit growth in installations expected in 2019. After acquiring Mako in 2013, Stryker launched a total hip replacement tool in 2015 and a total knee arthroplasty application in 2017.
Sharp HealthCare Published on Jun 14, 2018
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery System helps improve outcomes for hip and knee replacement. Learn how in this video featuring Dr. Steven Allsing, an orthopedic surgeon affiliated with Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
To learn more about Sharp’s orthopedic services, visit https://www.sharp.com/ortho. To learn more about Sharp Grossmont Hospital, visit https://www.sharp.com/grossmont. To read more health stories, visit https://www.sharp.com/news.
Roseanne was apprehensive to undergo knee replacement surgery. Her biggest priorities were to find a minimally invasive procedure, and to minimize scarring post-surgery. Dr. Parcells was able to meet both those very important priorities. Click play to hear the rest of Roseann’s story. Visit www.seaviewortho.com
Cohlmia Marketing Published on Oct 25, 2018 – Patient education video on the hospital’s new Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology for partial knee replacements.
Starting in January 2019, Rio will focus on partial and full knee replacements with the potential to expand to total hip arthroplasty….
…“The real benefit is the accuracy of this machine. Now we can plan the entire surgery before we make a cut,” says Dr. Andili. “It allows us to take a step back and think of different ways to approach the surgery…
Patients who underwent outpatient TKA had a slightly higher incidence of postoperative deep vein thrombosis, however results showed no differences in terms of cardiac and cerebrovascular events, acute renal failure and pulmonary events between the two groups, he said…
…While [outpatient TKA is] effective in places that have good experience and established protocols, these small differences may reflect trends from centers that have less experience with it, places where they do not do outpatient total joint [replacement] as frequently or do not have as streamlined or well-designed follow-up processes or rehabilitation protocols.
Aliso Viejo, CA – March 29, 2017 – OrthAlign, Inc., a privately held U.S.-based medical device and technology company providing orthopedic surgeons with advanced precision technologies, announced another milestone achievement in its 60,000th completed joint arthroplasty case. This milestone reflects the continuing and rapid adoption of OrthAlign’s handheld precision alignment and positioning technology, by surgeons throughout the world.
OrthAlign provides highly accurate, computer-assisted, handheld technologies for surgeons to receive real-time, actionable data for precise alignment and positioning of components in total knee, unicondylar knee, and total hip (both posterior and anterior) arthroplasty surgeries. Over 15 peer-reviewed clinical studies have been published to date, validating OrthAlign’s accuracy, simplicity of use, and benefits of use for the patient.
David W. Anderson, MD of the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, KS used KneeAlign to mark the 60,000th OrthAlign case milestone. “What I like about OrthAlign technology is that it is quick and easy to use and it doesn’t require all of the extra hassle and cost that comes with using robotics or other competing technologies,” said Dr.… Read the rest
The CORE Institute’s Dr. Steven Myerthall is the first in the Southwestern United States to perform Total Knee Replacement Using Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery on October 10, 2016.